Pots and Pans Recording Studio is located in Melbourne and operated by Joe Hammond. Joe's recording career began at age two with him singing The Pretenders' Brass in Pocket into a cassette deck. He started learning drums at age ten and was a frontrunner of the heady ‘school fete’ scene of the early nineties.
Since then Joe has played drums - live or recorded - for Near Myth, Deloris, Love Outside Andromeda, The Red Sun Band, Brer Mouse, Slipper, Paper Crane, The Futurists, Still Wife, Hudson & Troop and Wilding. He has also played on stage with The Boat People, Liam Finn, Seagull, Kikuyu and Single Twin.
He has worked as a recording engineer, live sound engineer, session drummer, drum teacher and drum tech. Since opening the studio in 2007 he has had the good fortune of working with Jen Cloher, Hello Satellites, Courtney Barnett, Georgia Fields and Manny Fox to name a handful.
For you, Joe can:
- Record and mix your band
- Mix music that has been recorded elsewhere
- Play drums on your songs and help find other musicians to augment them
- Help to finish off your home-recorded projects
- Track your drums so you can do overdubs at home
- Clean up or replace dialogue for your film
- Record voice overs